Net Zero: Helping you meet your carbon targets
Schools’ Buying Club provides an end-to-end solution to enable Trusts and schools to meet their net zero vision objectives.
Trusts and schools will be developing their environmental strategies in readiness to meet decarbonisation targets and reaching net zero carbon across their estates by 2030 and longer term 2050 under the Climate Change Act.
We provide an end-to-end solution to enable Trusts and schools to meet their net zero vision objectives efficiently and effectively through a phased programme approach. This approach, or ‘journey’, is underpinned by technical and programme management expertise in the educational built environment space and delivered through a specialist estates supply chain.
There are 10 stages of the journey, which begins with Trust’s and school’s environment strategies;
- Setting Net Zero Carbon targets that align to your Environment Strategy, both to ensure synergy between strategy, supply chain and environmental target.
- Carry out Carbon Footprint assessments using your estates data and our site inspections. Whilst the UK public sector only contributes 2% to carbon emissions, the built environment contributes to 39% of global emissions.
- Produce estates retrofit and maintenance Blueprints to meet your Net Zero Carbon targets including heat decarbonisation plan, and initial carbon literacy plan across all staff, students and suppliers.
- Bid for Government grants in readiness to support retrofit plans – for example the Condition Improvement Funding and other relevant capital funding schemes likely as a result of COP26 and the Government’s commitment to a 78% reduction in emissions by 2030.
- Produce your Supplier Net Zero Standards Charter – setting out the standards by which suppliers must adhere in terms of their commitment to low carbon solutions across their organisation; carbon footprints, energy, materials and resources, transport, waste etc. Suppliers will be required to set out their Carbon Reduction Plans and how they support those of the Trust or school.
- Establish your dedicated Net Zero Supply Chain using a specialist framework to avoid set up costs and ensure compliance – the framework can onboard national, regional and local suppliers that meet due diligence tests and Net Zero Charter Standards.
- Suppliers will be selected from your Supply Chain using Direct Award or Mini Competition to ensure value for money, managed by procurement experts.
- Supplier data collected quarterly on carbon reduction as defined by your Charter, aligned to your environmental targets.
- We provide a Quarterly Report with a dashboard showing supplier contributions against Net Zero Carbon targets.
- Review decarbonisation measures annually across your estate, including the impact made by your supply chain, and changes in staff and student behaviours.
Contact us today and we’ll and help kick-start your decarbonisation journey; firstname.lastname@example.org